Into the Book

0

2Live4 - Ryan Dobson

Recommended
This book is the sequel to Ryan Dobson's 2Die4 (see the post below this) and I have to say I like this one better than the first one. I just feel that this book had more substance and a more definitive structure to it.

Basically, this review is going to be a 'collection' of quotes that will show you what this book is about. Really, it is the best way to review these books. There are just so many great things in them! I love what the book is about and I just want to share some quotes with you.

It's simply that the Lord asks us to take a risk on His Word, His goodness, His character, His record.


It's God's plan, not ours. He's in charge, not us. (Note: I know that is simple, but it is a great thing to be reminded of!)
When we come to a rough part of our spiritual journey, what do we do? Is it really possible that the abundant life and broken wires go together? and for a purpose?
One of my favorite chapters of this book was called "The people that drive us nuts!" I think that this chapter was probably the best written and most practical chapter of the book. It gave me practical insights in ways to get along with people. Yet, it was so much more than that. You really have to read it for yourself.
"Accountability is when we have people in our lives who know us, our strengths and weaknesses, and they care enough to walk through the situations of life with us."
"Heaven is the true happy ending of life" In chapter 9, Dobson emphasizes that getting saved is not the 'happy ending'. After we are saved we still have a whole life to live, and it will be rough in parts. This chapter tied in to his first book 2Die4, and it is very well written.

Ryan closes with these words:
If you remember only one thing from this book, I want it to be this: The abundant life I've been talking about is right here, right now, and it's found in one person, Jesus Christ. When you know Him, and spend time knowing Him, your life is wilder than you could ever imagine. No, your life won't always seem abundant, but God will be at work in you to bring forth life in you and others.
But that's it. The happy beginning. Your life today begins with Christ-and goes from there to more than you could ever imagine. Don't settle for anything less.
These closing words just spoke to me as I was finishing the book and I really felt that God used Ryan Dobson as he wrote this book. You can get this book from Amazon.com for 9.34 shipped. The book is a paperback, 124 pages long with discussion afterwards.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please ensure that your comment is mature, thoughtful, and considerate of others' viewpoints. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without warning.

Find A Review By: