Into the Book

2

"Lies Young Women Believe"- Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Dannah Gresh

Recommended

"I can't overcome my sin"
"Everyone at church is judging me"
"Beautiful girls are worth more"
"I need a boyfriend"
"If I just had friends I wouldn't be so lonely"
... And the list goes on and on...

Every girl struggles with lies similar to these- And the culture and media are the ones disguising them and handing them to us. Nancy Leigh DeMoss (Revive Our Hearts) and Dannah Gresh present 25 lies that many girls have fallen captive to. To be honest (Since both of them are adults) I was expecting just another 'boring' devotional book, but 'Lies Young Women' Belive REALLY surprised me! They tackfully wrote on a level that teenage girls can really understand and relate to. They share stories of young women who have both given in and stood up to the lies offered them.

With every chapter they uncover both the lies and the truth, with wonderful stories, quotes, and humor. DeMoss and Gresh give startling sitistics and surveys that expose the fact that many Christian girls have fallen captive to the lies, and some don't even know it. After uncovering the lies, they show how the truth of God's word can set any captive free.

I would highly, highly recommend this book for ANY teenage girl who wants to uncover the wonderful truth that will set her free from the lies that have held her captive. I really, really love this book, and I would also highly recommed it for a group bible study. I rate this book as 5 stars, and I wish every girl could have the wonderful chance to read this increadible book!

...Now I'm hoping their husbands will write Lies Young Men Belive for the guys! :)

2 comments:

  1. Good job on your review Whitney! I'm going to make this a featured book. Keep up the good work.

    In Him,
    Uriah

    ReplyDelete

Please ensure that your comment is mature, thoughtful, and considerate of others' viewpoints. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without warning.

Find A Review By: